About Breuil • Cervinia
One of the largest ski areas in the Alps
Large and varied ski area
The Breuil-Cervinia resort
The Breuil-Cervinia Valtournenche Zermatt area is the highest and one of the largest in the Alps, with a varied “domaine skiable” beyond compare, which stretches through three valleys in two countries, Italy and Switzerland, from the 3,883 m of the Piccolo Cervino descending (the world's highest cabin lift) to the 1,524 m of Valtournenche. Ski runs offering the chance to ski all day without ever repeating the same run twice, alternating easier runs with those of increasing difficulty.
The ski heaven of Italy
Alpine Skiing in Cervinia
It would have been hard to find a more suitable name for this ski district than the Cervino Ski Paradise. In this ski heaven at the foot of the Matterhorn, the presence of snow is guaranteed thanks to the high altitude and its central position in the Alps.
The sheer extent of ski runs is due to the skiable connections between Cervinia, Valtournenche and Zermatt (Switzerland), offering borderless and limitless skiing. The ski runs are suitable for all levels of ability and they are both scenic and varied: from the eternal glaciers of Plateau Rosà (3,500 metres above sea level) to the impenetrable forests of Valtournenche (1,600 metres). Alpine skiing enthusiasts can choose their own route along the many kilometres of piste, while freeriding enthusiasts will find the perfect terrain.
High capacity ski system
Ski system facts
- Altitude of Breuil-Cervinia: 2,050 m.
- Altitude of Valtournenche: 1,524 m.
- Lift systems: 19 in Breuil-Cervinia Valtournenche + 34 in Zermatt.
- Hourly capacity of lifts: 36,995 in Breuil-Cervinia Valtournenche, 90,525 with Zermatt.
- Maximum altitude reached by the lifts: 3,883 m Piccolo Cervino (highest in the world).
- Ski runs: 72 in Breuil-Cervinia Valtournenche + 78 in Zermatt.
- Ski runs with scheduled snow coverage: 200 km.
- Ski runs open for summer skiing 26.5 km: 5.5 km in Breuil-Cervinia, 21 km in Zermatt (largest in the Alps).
- Cross country ski runs: 3 km in Breuil-Cervinia +10 km in Valtournenche.
- One snowpark in Cervinia: at 2,800 m, the highest snowpark in Europe.
- Three children’s ski areas.